Momtaz Khansar Honey

Allergy to honey

Allergy to honey

Are you allergic to honey?

honey As an allergen (allergy to honey)

Honey has been used for thousands of years and is a natural sweetener made by honey bees using the nectar of flowering plants. Although honey is made mostly of sugar, it also contains amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants. These ingredients make honey a natural healing remedy. It is a common remedy for cough.

While honey has some natural health benefits, some people may have an allergic reaction to it. When honey is produced, it may be contaminated with bee pollen and pollen from other plants and trees, including:

  • black wheat
  • tulips
  • sunflower
  • Eucalyptus
  • Willow
  • oak
  • Other plants of the region

If you are allergic to pollen, you may be allergic to some types of honey. In many cases, this makes the pollen the allergen rather than the honey itself.

Suggested study: Green Tea and Honey: How They Can Work Together to Promote Health

Symptoms of allergy to honey

Honey is a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. However, it is common for pollen and other plant allergens to contaminate honey. Symptoms of honey allergy ( Allergy to honey) may resemble common pollen allergy symptoms, such as:

  • runny nose
  • Sneeze
  • swelling
  • Wet eyes
  • Itchy throat
  • urticaria
  • Hives
  • A bump on the skin

Symptoms may vary depending on the severity of the allergy (Allergy to honey ) you are different. Eating honey or skin contact with honey can cause an allergic reaction.

In more severe cases, symptoms may include:

  • Headache
  • wheezing
  • nausea
  • Vomit
  • diarrhea
  • faint
  • Irregular heartbeat
  • anaphylaxis

If you experience irregular symptoms after consuming honey, see your doctor. As with many allergens, left untreated can cause serious complications.

Suggested study: What is honey?

Honey and children

Honey is safe in most cases. However, eating honey is not recommended for babies under 12 months. Honey has the potential to carry bacteria Clostridium has the It is found in soil and dust. It is safe for older children and adults because their immune and digestive systems have matured.

If young children Clostridium If they eat it, the bacteria can multiply in their intestines and affect their nervous system. This disease is known as infant botulism. Although rare, it can cause life-threatening complications. These include muscle weakness and breathing problems. It can also be fatal.

Other symptoms of this disease include:

  • constipation
  • weak cry
  • Decreased movement
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Poor nutrition
  • Smooth facial expression

Infant botulism is treatable, but it's important for babies to get treatment quickly. Doctors advise not to introduce honey to babies until they are more than 12 months old. If your baby starts showing any of these irregular symptoms, seek medical attention right away.

allergic to honey

Treatment of allergy to honey

You can treat your symptoms with a common over-the-counter antihistamine such as Benadryl. If your symptoms worsen or do not improve after an hour, see your doctor immediately.

What is the vision?

An allergic reaction to honey may also be a sign of an underlying allergy to pollen or another substance.

If you are not sure whether you are allergic to honey or not, the best treatment is to avoid it. Discuss your symptoms and concerns with your doctor to avoid any adverse reactions.

Source :